In this podcast, Dr. Tracy Maylett discusses topics on the upcoming book, “ENGAGEMENT MAGIC: Five Keys for Engaging People, Leaders, and Organizations.” Dr. Maylett will review the research behind the five keys and how managers can use ENGAGEMENT MAGIC to increase engagement with their teams.
Written as a follow-up to the author’s award-winning first book, MAGIC, this book provides updated research, case studies, and tips that are the result of analyzing more than 30 million employee survey responses from over 70 countries. ENGAGEMENT MAGIC takes advantage of the most extensive employee experience database of its kind to combine principles of psychology and motivation with solid business concepts. ENGAGEMENT MAGIC provides actionable advice that will reduce attrition, encourage initiative, drive growth and profit, and increase personal engagement in one’s work.
During this session, we address what we’ve learned over the past few years as we’ve researched this book and provide answers to the following questions:
- What is the personal benefit of being engaged?
- What is the difference between being satisfied with your job and being engaged?
- How does each of the ENGAGEMENT MAGIC elements contribute to engagement?
- How do you avoid a victim mentality and take ownership for your engagement?
- How can managers create an engaging work environment?