Why Use 360 Degree Feedback?
Three common objectives for 360-Degree Feedback
360-degree feedback is a vital part of performance, growth, and development. Understanding ourselves and how we interact with others helps us understand the impact we have on those around us. The perceptions of others within our circle of influence, whether those perceptions are accurate or inaccurate, often impact our level of success. This is where 360-degree feedback comes in.
The first step in improving individual or organizational performance is gaining an awareness of our level of performance. Many of us have an incomplete perception of how others see us, which then leads to ineffective interaction and reduced overall effectiveness. After all, without feedback, we tend to invent our own "reality." It is not until we are aware of these behaviors, as well as how others perceive them, that we can begin to do anything about them.
Most organizations today use multi-rater assessments (360s) in some form or another, although the purpose varies. 360-degree feedback can be used in a number of ways. Based on the needs of your organization, we align the 360-degree feedback process to reach your objectives:
1. Targeted Development
2. Team Effectiveness
- Focuses on personal and career development
- Discovers where you are and where you need to grow or improve
- Results in the creation of a personalized action plan
3. Performance Assessment
- Focuses on team-effectiveness skills, along with strengths and areas for improvement
- Allows groups to come together on goals and work better as a team
- Promotes a safe environment to share "the undiscussables"
- Creates a multi-rater perspective of job performance and behaviors
- Provides a more objective and accurate view of individual contributions and effectiveness
- Results can be factored into administrative actions
In order for the 360-degree feedback process to be effective, it is important that it be designed and used correctly. For more information on how best to use 360-degree feedback, please contact one of our assessment experts.