360 Degree Feedback Case Study
360 Degree Feedback for Performance Management
The General Mills Operations New Mexico Plant has been consistently known as one of the most productive at General Mills. Their high-performance work system requires teams of Cereal Manufacturing Technicians (CMTs) to take responsibility for the operations. Critical to their success is peer performance feedback.
For three consecutive years, DecisionWise has provided General Mills, New Mexico with an annual Peer Review process based on 360 Feedback and coaching skills.
Over 150 CMTs participate in a competency-based 360 Feedback survey. Team Leaders are trained on coaching and performance feedback skills in order to facilitate Peer Review group meetings. During the Peer Review meetings, team members coach and provide feedback to their peers on their performance.
Each year the Peer Review process is assessed and improved based on participant feedback.
In summary, we developed and implemented a customized 360 feedback and performance coaching process that helps CMTs operate more effectively as a team.
- Developed CMT competencies and 360 Feedback survey relevant to CMTs’ functions.
- Trained Team Leaders on performance coaching and feedback skills.
- Identified key situations where coaching and feedback are critical to performance.
- Identified trends on 360 Feedback results and Performance Evaluations.
- Adopted a more efficient online surveying and feedback coaching process.
- Improved team communications and peer feedback skills.